Where does your drive come from?
What makes you start each day with passion and excitement?
What do you do when your mojo is lost?
Some people are naturally prepossessed with a get up and go, and zest for life. But some people are not, but still manage to tackle each day, and each situation with zeal. What do these people channel to ensure that they keep striving for the best, and don’t let the daily problem grind them down?
I suspect that we only see these people at their best, and if placed in a Big Brother/The Island type situation, we would eventually see that this type of behaviour, 24/7 is difficult to maintain. We all need down time and moments alone to recharge.
What do you enjoy in these times?
Here are some suggestions, let us know what helps you
- Music – lifts our mood, helps us recall different times and can be a real mood changer. So stick on you favourite track, grab a hair brush (optional) and sing along.
- Videos of cute pets – have you ever spent time searching on YouTube to be distracted by a cute kitten, cuddly puppy or cheeky panda? Not ideal to be doing in work time, but in your own time a perfect antidote
- Books – these may be inspirational tales of overcoming adversity, such as I am Malala, they may be a self help style book, for example The Chimp Paradox, or something that removes you far away to a different place, try 50 Beaches to Blow Your Mind. You might also find that reaching to a book to help within your business may help clarify solutions, and make you feel less alone – an old favourite with many being How to Win Friends and Influence People.
- Inspirational quotes – we love scrolling though Pinterest and it’s quotes, again not in work time! But it’s a feast of quotes, business ideas and mojo enhancing boards and pins. Give it a go and see what you think – here’s our Words of Wisdom board
- Exercise – many people swear by the power of exercise in mood lifting, and therefore, the mojo finding powers of exercise – whats your go to exercise?
However you find, keep and enhance your mojo, keep doing it!
Helping businesses with their HR needs and employee development