At Acorn, one of our first steps of engagement is through a HR Audit. It also gives a great insight into how a company is run, how staff are managed and areas that are important to individual businesses.
Below are some of the aspects that we will look at to ensure that you are compliant with current employment law legislation and establishes the organisation as a first class employer.
- Pre employment – documentation checks, including contracts, job descriptions, work place assessment, agreed method of recruitment, medical consent questionnaire, list of company core companies and organisational structure.
- Induction – to include looking at how staff start in the company and how they are supported in their first few weeks of their employment.
- Probation checks – we look at the probation period, how staff are supported within that time and any paperwork associated with this time including successful and unsuccessful probation letters.
- Performance management and appraisals and what paperwork is used for these.
- Disciplinary – we will review your disciplinary policy, paperwork associated with this procedure
- Absence and sickness management – documentation and processes used by the business to monitor long and short term. Paperwork around this can be complex and will include medical consent form, SSP1 form, GP requests and AWOL support.
- Holidays – holiday management via your holiday policy, support in how to pro-rata holiday entitlement and bank holiday and shut down support.
- Apprenticeship – and young worker support
- Grievance – paperwork and policy
- Flexible – paper work regarding flexible working
- Maternity and Paternity – policy for Maternity and Paternity, entitlement letter, congratulations letter
- Settlement agreements
- Health and safety